Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Best Coffee Ever... and Pancakes!




Alec's Dad introduced me to a great coffee ingredient.  CINNAMON!  I like to drink my coffee black so a few shakes of cinnamon added to the grounds before brewing gives it just the right taste.  Try it!  




This morning we enjoyed coffee while making apple pancakes (my first seasonal recipe...  apples and honey were locally bought!).  Yes, yes, the zucchini bread wasn't seasonal or local...  We were still getting through the pre-blog reserves and the zuc bread is one of Alec's favorites so I thought I'd post it anyways.  

ps:  I like to add cinnamon to my pancakes too sometimes!  

Now on to the photos:

La Vache was found at Svpply, a quirky site that allows you to search for items and stores around the web and see products that others "want".  Etsy, meets E-bay, meets blogs, etc., etc..

The pancakes are from SmittenKitchen, a similar recipe to the ones that we make.

1 comment:

  1. Choosing between them is partly a the best espresso machine matter of personal taste, and partly a matter of who's operating the machine at the time you order. However if I had to rank cafes that are, in my opinion, Port Melbourne's best based on coffee alone, I think I'd have to go for:

    ReplyDelete