Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"The Cupcake"

 
As I walked into the office this morning I was pleasantly greeted with a delicious birthday breakfast.  Lindsey surprised me with homemade vanilla and chocolate cupcakes!  Today I thought I’d blog about “The Cupcake” as it has played a significant part in my 25 year old life.  

Why you may ask?  Of course they are delicious but for Alec and I, they also pay our bills.  No, unfortunately, I am not a career baker.  No secret recipes up my sleeves.  Rather, Alec works on the show DC Cupcakes.  Yes, Sophie and Katherine are just as nice as they appear on TV.  Yes, their cupcakes are delicious.  Yes, while shooting the show we’d have dozens of cupcakes at home.  And, yes, Alec doesn’t like icing so we have a full box of just cupcake bottoms in our freezer from the shop…  My favorite flavor?  Key Lime. 

Looking forward to leftover Easter cupcakes for lunch too.  Thanks Beatrix!


On a totally separate note, the photos in this post are my first ever Instagrams.  Just learned that Facebook bought the company for a billion dollars...  Wondering what that means for them...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment