Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day


How did you spend your Mothers Day?  Mine was crafty.  I met my mom and sister out in Annapolis for a beautiful day and paint your own pottery at Clay Bakers.  It is a great way to catch up and no real artsy skills necessary.  We have gone before and the pottery always ends up looking good...  (I think that the sentimental perspective helps out on that one)  They have ladies night, BYOB and the equivalent of pottery "happy hour" a few times a month too.

Over the past few months I've picked up knitting so I gifted my mom with an almost-finished scarf.  Knitting is such a fun, semi-meditative activity.  I love how you can do it anywhere at anytime too.  My favorite spot is sitting out in Logan Circle, people watching after work.  I picked up this particular yarn (I hope to take some photos of the scarf to show when I'm finished!) at Stitch DC (photo below).  Next project?  I am hoping to learn how to make a baby sweater from my colleague for Baby Mallory to come!  Slightly daunting since I have only ever knitted in straight lines... eek





3 comments:

  1. oooh I love paint your own pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pottery was nice, the time spent was priceless, always is. (I sound like a VISA commercial!!!!)

    ReplyDelete